Web design companies have great control over their customers. I refer to it as “false power”. The tragic reality is that most of their clients do not even know that they are stuck in this potentially painful prediction. This power is usually used when a client of the web design company finds a better deal on hosting for their web site and they just want to switch to their hosting provider, or when the “client” changes their web site to a better rate Wants to upgrade from Their current web development provider is offering.
Here’s the so-called “traitor customer”:
- The current web design company sends huge bills to its customer for switching
- Web Design Company cancels its customer’s account
- They can point to a different domain name
- They sometimes down the entire website till the next notice
you get the point! The web design company is given a lot of power. I really believe that you have the right to purchase for better prices and you have the right to own your domain name, even if you do not have the right to register your domain name.
As the owner of the website, you trust your web design company to present your business fairly and honestly, only to find out that their vocabulary is not honest.
I really believe that there should be a law against web design companies, which can be summarized: For any domain name registered by the web design company on behalf of its client, the domain name can not be disputed or There is no need to be disputed, the domain name is automatically owned by the customer and is automatically bound by their web development contract. .
With every new venture, there are always drawbacks. From the above example, if there is no contract, what will happen? If you are reading this and are in the process of searching for a web design company, please make sure that you have a contracted draft that you own, and you have sole authority over your domain name.
See that most business owners fail to realize that their domain name is as important as registering their business name. I will repeat that … your domain name is “Hot Real Estate”, do you want someone else to own your property?
The same applies to your domain name too. Asking if I am not the owner of my domain name, do not take down my pants while asking for it. This is equally important as the name of your own company. People out there are looking for suckers to take their domain name – Do not be caught!
How to Avoid This “Power Stricken” Disaster:
The best solution is to register your domain name and before you appoint a web design company. This ultimately gives you the power of your domain name. At any time, you can switch back to your “Domain Name Registrar” to switch your web site to any hosting company to choose from.
When searching for a “around” package for your web design project, make sure your hosting is appropriate for your needs. 95% of all web design projects do not require a large hosting package, which costs $ 150- $ 500 per year.
In this case, you should pay the highest for your hosting, which is $ 100.00 per year, no more.
You only need a big hosting package:
- Your web site size is 1000+ pages
- You are going to buy traffic every month of 1000
- You need to set up more than 25 email accounts
Ask a question while shopping for the web design company! Here are some questions that you should ask immediately before signing any contract …
- Do you offer a contract for all your projects?
- If you register my domain name, will it tell me in my contract that I am the owner of the domain name in all circumstances?
- If I’m delayed paying, is it your company’s policy to cancel the account?
- Why are your hosting services so high? Why would not I go anywhere for $ 100 per year?
- Is it within your contract that I can not switch to a different hosting company later?
- Moving forward, can I be able to keep any web developer update for my website, if I am able to negotiate better prices?
This is another important note:
Ensure that your web design company gives you “FTP (File Transfer Protocol)” access on your website. FTP allows you to visit and update any other web design company on your website at any time. Without FTP info, no one can update your website in addition to the original web development company or the hosting company, which you have hired.
Tired of web design companies who do not provide contracts for all their projects. Be careful with your domain name; Make sure that in the end, you have all the rights to your domain name, not anyone else.
I hope this article helps you!